__________________________________________________________

About

Portfolio

My Home

Work With Me

Tours

Interviews

Creative Spaces

Style

Monday, September 24, 2012

A chair transformation... not quite finished (+ a little hiccup)

We have been asked to take an old chair and transform it using fabric and paint for a school project. Fun, right? I feel like an old hack at this. I've refreshed a few chairs in my time - like this one, and this one, and that one, and this one, and that one too.

This project begins with a concept so there is an idea behind my madness to create a two toned painted bentwood. I'll share with you once I have finished it.

The outer curve will be painted white and the inner curve will be stained in black. I painted the outer curve in wood wash here and it looks terrible so I'll sand back and reapply using an acrylic paint in glossy white. I'll also need to remove the white paint that made it's way onto the inner curve as well. Can you tell I didn't like working with the wood wash? Fingers crossed for no more mistakes!


Psst: Don't forget to enter the Masters $500 voucher giveaway! To enter, leave a comment on this post stating which product(s) you'd choose from the Masters website to refresh your home. Good luck!



CREATIVE SPACES

DECORATING

DESIGN

INTERVIEWS

STYLE

TOURS

WRITE TO
PO BOX 42220
LUGARNO NSW
AUSTRALIA 2210

viv@ishandchi.com


VIA EMAIL